Followers

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Painting

All I know is I must paint. I do not think anymore when I paint. I paint. Spirit tells me it's time and I feel I am a zombie walking through the house finding my colors and tools. Then I sit down on the floor with my life in front of me: the canvas. and I begin. I sing to myself in my head and out loud often making songs to go with each color and stroke. When I am done, I am done. I put the painting aside and walk away. I no longer linger and stare and criticize. Painting was always God to me, a way in which to hear my own voice having a conversation with God's voice. I am no longer a slave to my own thoughts. I know a person will find solace and peace or joy within each piece if I stop when I am told it is done. I have the courage to put aside my ego and rest in the loving arms of nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment