Followers

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Memories that Remind and Renew

I was reminded recently by a beautiful person that animals have work to do here on Earth, even after death. A few years ago I had a beautiful rabbit named Mocha. When he was very ill I had to end his life. After he was gone I wrote this quickly down on a piece of paper. Mocha was a beautiful soul. I adopted him when he was already an older rabbit. His previous owners had not taken care of him and he had extreme dental problems. After a costly operation and removal of teeth, he still suffered daily. When I brought him to the vet to watch him go to sleep forever, I realized as he was dying it was not the end for him. I actually saw a light around him when he died. It was as if I could see his soul leave his body. It was a very humbling experience and I never doubted that animals had souls. But when I saw this miracle before my eyes I have to admit I was amazed. Thank you Mocha.
 
Thrashing for life
breaths short yet strong
Body free now
Soul gone
Life ~ Life ~ Life
Born again to the ground
Fern and moss
covered and still
Run in the wind, legs quick and sharp
alive again dodging logs and trees
Breeze ~ Sky ~ Water
Grass, soft and lush
A bird to the sun and start again
7/10/09
 
You die to be born again
I felt you soul
Saw its form
You will always live now
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment