Followers

Monday, August 27, 2012

Simplifying

As we get closer to our day to exit Pawcatuck Connecticut, we have realized how much STUFF we have! Amazing, we have cleaned out every corner of our home, the basement, the bedrooms, the kitchen. We have had yard sales, given away many, many, items to churches, the dump, the Johnny Cake Center. And still we have so much. How did we collect so much STUFF over the years??!! So today, I have been separating my books and deciding which ones will go to storage and which ones will come in our house with wheels. I believe my books are impossible to part with! I look at the worn covers and think how much knowledge remains in the pages that I may not have absorbed yet! If I read "Walden," for the 4th time will I learn even more? I have to take "Walden" along...! And then there are the brand new books I have not read yet. Clothes I could care less about! But my books, oh how I love them! They are constant companions of imagination and adventures, wisdom and strength and I cannot see how one could live without them! So I;m taking as many as possible!!!

 Inside out RV (a very small amount of books I plan to take...yikes!)

I do love sorting through my "stuff" and throwing away the old. It's a process of cleansing and refreshment. A ceremony of letting go of the past and washing me clean of old patterns and toxic thoughts. I am looking at the RV and thinking how can I take LESS, less, less....and the less I have the more my heart fills! How wonderful! At the same time I look at my home and think how beautiful it looks while it becomes "simplified."  And part of me thinks how comforting it would be to snuggle up with a book and admire our simple house as it grows in spirit. BUT! no, we are going west! It's a calling, an instinctual knowing that we must answer to. We only get one or two, maybe tree chances to answer these longings and requests from God! We must follow through. At times our rational minds try to take over and convince us that being rational, practical, and realistic is the only way, yet this way is not what are human spirits thrive on! We truly thrive on adventure, experience, and wonderment.

"When you find your path, you must not be afraid.
You need to have sufficient courage to make mistakes.
Disappointment, defeat, and despair are
the tools God uses to show us the way."
- Paulo Coelho


No comments:

Post a Comment