Followers

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Haley Farm State Park

 A lovely hike today at Haley Farm. When I first moved to New England this was one of the 1st beautiful hikes I was introduced to! My painting "Mind of the Forest" came directly from my frequent hikes here. If you have not been to Haley, I suggest you pay her a visit! She is very peaceful and calming. This trail also connects to Bluff Point State Park if you are looking for a day hike. I'll be visiting all my favorite hiking spots before I leave in October, and will post the info and directions :~)  Enjoy!

 My dear friend Gwen














DIRECTIONS:
Coming from I-95 North: Take Exit 88.  Turn left onto SR117 South.  Turn left at the end onto Route 1 North. Turn right onto SR 215 (4th light). Take the first right onto Brook Street. Take the first right onto Haley Farm Lane.
Coming from I-95 South: Take Exit 88.  Turn right onto SR117 South.  Turn left at the end onto Route 1 North. Turn right onto SR 215 (4th light). Take the first right onto Brook Street. Take the first right onto Haley Farm Lane.
The park has been preserved as open space and is used for passive recreational purposes.  A 0.8 mile bike trail winds its way through the scenic old shoreline farm.  The Haley Farm Bike Trail, which is wheelchair accessible, is part of a 7 1/2 mile town-owned bikeway routed from Mystic to Groton on local roadways.

No comments:

Post a Comment