Followers

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Journey

On our journey we often times mix up the real reasons and impose our own selfish nature on others. I am now seeing more and more that in my search for the truth and meaning in life I often times lose sight of what I once knew: nothing that happens is our own work. nothing. and I was preaching to others saying "you are the center of your own universe. you make your life happen. you can have whatever you want." then a  friend reminded me of the truth: this journey is to better the self, and then others. we are not here for selfish enjoyment or to have a big house or a nice car. we are not here to become famous or well known in any way. we are here for each other and for God. we really do have to allow God to fill us and then we will truly be happy.
Lately, as I become closer to nature, I feel the spirit of God filling me...every drop of my substance brimming with laughter and peace. When I think of the future I smile and know it will all be OK. This must be true peace..I wonder..I ponder...But then again; I know in a day, or a week, or even a year my education will be growing. My wisdom a little more...and then I will say it once again!

Peace is something like happiness; you cannot say "I will be happy when..." and you can't say "I will be peaceful when..." Your happiness shouldn't depend on the situation you're in nor on the circumstances that surround you. In the same breath, you cannot wait for everything around you to become peaceful in order for you to say "I am peaceful." In both happiness and peace, there is a heart of strength, determination and steadfastness; a heart that has the power to make things happen. You have to be at peace. You have to be happy. Now.

No comments:

Post a Comment