Followers

Friday, November 22, 2013

Luna

I have been blessed to welcome a new family member into my heart! Her name is Luna. I have named her Luna after the Full Moon of November. I felt compelled once again to have a cat in my life. It's been awhile since I have shared a home with cat energy. Luna picked me, although I was looking for her. I didn't know exactly what cat would accept me. I spent time with various rescue cats at the Humane Society in Sedona. Last Sunday I was getting ready to adopt a male kitten when I met Luna. Another person wanted to adopt the cat I had my eyes on, so I knew he was not the cat for me. Luna was struggling with other people holding her. She seemed almost antisocial and annoyed by the hands that were eager to touch and hold her. I was given her to hold after much exasperation from many people was spent. I took her into my hands. We instantly made a connection. I could feel Reiki flowing with great force and Luna seemed so content and happy to be with me. Many people watching were in awe of this. The woman who had raised and fostered her was equally surprised and commented that this kitten was not social or gentle. As I was deciding whether I wanted to adopt her another couple wanted to take her. I felt I had to give her to them. I couldn't hold her back from being adopted even though I felt a yearning to take her. I stepped out to decide what I should do. When I returned she was being adopted by the couple. I was very sad but realized this was ok, and there would be another cat that would need a home in the future. I asked if I could fill out an application just in case the couple decided they did not want her. As I was filling out the paperwork the couple with tears in their eyes handed me Luna. The woman expressed with hand over her heart that she felt compelled to give me the tiny kitten. And that Luna wanted me not them. I began to cry also and the volunteers at the shelter joined in. There were hugs and bittersweet smiles and suddenly Luna was going home with me. I was warned she would probably hide under the bed for a week and that she was not a very friendly kitten. She has been amazing. She is gentle, loving, serene, playful, and will even go hiking with us! She sleeps soundly through the night and loves raw beef and chicken! She weighs only one pound and reminds us of a tiny grey mouse. Truly this is an amazing kitten with much grace and spirit. I am thankful for this blessing of my little Moon!


2 comments:

  1. Amy, I enjoyed reading this story of precious Luna so much! What a beautiful connection <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Jen! XOXXOXOX I hope you can meet her someday soon! :) Thanks for reading my blog too! :)

      Delete