Followers

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Embracing the Feminine Within

Today the moment of "enlightenment" came at an unusual time. While feeling in crisis mode, as many humans do daily, I felt the gentle taste of comfort fill my soul. Today was like most days, stress about health issues, money, the state of the world, family, and work all threatened to steal my sanity. In the midst of this chaotic turbulence I remembered the woman in me. Although I do not watch television and divert my eyes to the constant barrage of images that portray women as objects of unrealistic proportions, I as most women do, still have an unrealistic pressure that pushes me to the brink on certain days. Today I felt a calm of acceptance, love, and beauty fill my being. It's as if the a Goddess was smiling down on me and urging me to see my beauty within. The beauty that is often times forgotten and lost in this world we call Earth. The calm and peace can only be described as a great self love that allows the demons to quiet, the voices of ego to die. There is a fullness and emotional feast of pure feminine power that encompasses the body and heals the heart. Is it the Goddess? Is it Nature? Or could it be the simplistic and beautiful transition that women used to be encouraged to journey through many, many years ago? The power of the Moon can never be forgotten. The Earth's energies have a great influence over our emotions and power. This is a power I speak of not so much as an ego, self centered corrupting power, but a power that allows women to expand in love. A little quiet time could perhaps help. Or maybe the breeze moving through a beautiful sycamore tree will remind you once again.
 
Nature's Kiss ~ by Amy Drago

3 comments:

  1. Awe I love this Amy. Today my body felt at peace as well, and that is something I lost touch with for a while. I need to remember to keep my sanity even in the hardest and darkest moments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ashley! :) It is easy to lose touch with this peace within! I have to remember to be quiet so I can hear myself! ;~) Thank you for reading my blog!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete