Followers

Thursday, June 28, 2012

My Art

Giving may be the only way
I find my mind thinking today
I can let go of my possessions
but i find it hard to let go of my art
its no big deal I tell my mind
but she tugs and insist you cannot
I sense loathing as I dissect every facet of my situation
and grief in the simple calm of the night
this is why I need to think like Buddha I tell my grinding mind
yet I cannot seem to let go of my art
it is the essence of my being
the touch of God to my life
a breath of sanity in my racing heart
and so I will conjure a plan to escape this haunting thought
and perhaps after thinking will land in the same realization
that though my art is an extension of me it brings joy to others
awakens their souls ~
heals their weary eyes ~
I will try, oh I will try harder
to be more generous of my own meaning

No comments:

Post a Comment