Followers

Friday, March 2, 2012

Brigid

"I think I could turn and live with animals, they are
 so placid and self-contained,
 I stand and look at them long and long." ~ Walt Whitman

Perfect Love....The Love of my Best Friend and True Soul Mate: Brigid!

Brigid is truly remarkable. Her heart is pure and full of joy every waking hour. Her eyes are full of light and love and a knowing beyond all understanding. The story of Brigid is a miracle in itself. She actually found me. After my first Reiki Attunement, I was saying to many of my friends that I would love to adopt a small dog someday. My landlord was ok with me having pets and although I worked a 40 hour job at the time, I had a wonderful friend who was willing to help out if I needed it. So one day I was sitting with my friend at the coffee shop that I managed. I said to him, I really hope I can get a dog. I want the kind of everlasting friendship found in the heart of a dog. About 3 minutes passed....suddenly the door to the coffee shop opened and a little white fluff ball came scurrying in and jumped on my lap. She licked my face and hands and shaking with excitement and perhaps a bit of fear clung to me like a baby. I was in shock, as was my friend. I thought for sure this was someone else's dog..a customer maybe? A customer followed minutes later. He was a regular and I knew this was not his dog. I asked him where the dog came from. He said a van drove by and threw her out. Thus began my adventure with Brigid! She had to stay at the pound for ten days in case someone claimed her..which was insane in itself considering she was thrown from a moving van. But, as I look back on this I think it was a test I had to pass. I visited her every day and called the animal shelter 10 times a day! I was determined to adopt Brigid. I gave her a name quickly. She is named after the Irish Goddess of Poetry. I bought all the necessities she would need, crate, toys, food. And I waited. And waited. Everyday I sent her Reiki. I sent the situation Reiki. I loved her before she was mine. And the love and prayers of everyone around me was amazing. All of my friends were sitting around the phone on the tenth day waiting for the shelter to call me and tell me Brigid was finally mine. When the phone rang we didn't think it would be a phone call telling us her owner came in to take her home. But at 1 pm the phone rang and sure enough, a man had came into the shelter on the tenth day to take my baby home. I was devastated. I was so heart broken. All of my friends were crushed too. They patted me on the back and said "there are plenty more dogs" But I needed Brigid. And she needed me. The man at the shelter said that although Brigid's owner had come to take her home, he couldn't without paying a fine. She was not licensed and had no papers for vaccines. The owner had till tomorrow at noon to pay his fines. I would not give up. I prayed harder and sent Reiki to Brigid that night. I could feel my connection with her was growing stronger and stronger. I felt God wanted us to be together and we would.

The next day at 12:09 I called the animal shelter! The owner never came in for Brigid! She was mine! I rushed to get her after work. After this we were inseparable. I love my Brigid more and more everyday! She is an angel and a miracle in my life, and others too. I will write of her often in the future and post pictures of her. I feel Brigid is full of love and Reiki and I believe she touches everyone she meets in a special way, unique to each person. I thank God everyday for this tiny, yet amazing miracle!

No comments:

Post a Comment